About JaMur Zoysia
If there were ever a single turfgrass cultivar everyone should be considering, JaMur Zoysiagrass is the one.
If there were ever a single turfgrass cultivar that every homeowner, landscape professional, and sod producer should be considering, JaMur Zoysiagrass is the one. In fact, JaMur is considered by many to be the most versatile of all of the warm-season turfgrass varieties.
This attractive and extremely functional zoysiagrass developed from selections collected by world-renowned USDA research geneticist Jack Murray is taking the Landscape Industry by storm. This is due to JaMur’s minimal water usage and fertilization requirements, not to mention the fact that lawn maintenance just doesn’t get much easier.
JaMur is similar in appearance to a dwarf variety of St. Augustine, without the insect problems associated with those varieties, while providing excellent shade tolerance capabilities. In addition, JaMur is considered a much-improved replacement for other zoysiagrass cultivars, including El Toro, Meyer, Palisades, Empire and Crown. Its attractive blue-green color is the ideal choice for high visibility and high traffic residential and commercial applications, as well as an excellent golf course rough and bunker face selection.
- Attractive blue-green color
- Short stature in sheath & blade length, & less vertical posture resulting in extremely compact turf
- Superior rate of spread and exceptional regrowth from rhizomes
- Produces less thatch than any of the other known zoysia cultivars
- Comparable to improved St. Augustine cultivars in shade tolerance
- Increased cold tolerance over St. Augustine cultivars
Improved Plant Vigor
- The density of the turf, coupled with an extensive rhizome & root system, give JaMur excellent recovery characteristics & make it extremely drought tolerant
- JaMur’s area of adaptability runs well North into USDA growing zone seven, south into Mexico, and from the Carolina’s to California
- The National Turfgrass Evaluation Program (NTEP) reported JaMur to have a superior rate of spread & stolon frequency, comparable to El Toro (the most vigorous spreading of known zoysiagrass cultivars) and greater than all other tested varieties
- JaMur sod production fields can be grown-in from sprigs or plugs in approximately 5-6 months (growing season) in the Southern United States
- Recommended mowing height, with a rotary mower, is between 2-3”
- Annual fertilization rate is 1-2 pounds of Nitrogen per 1,000 square feet per year, using split applications in the spring and late summer. One pound Nitrogen in the spring to encourage new growth, and one pound in mid-to-late summer to promote healthy growth into the fall and winter
- All herbicides and fertilizers necessary for the maintenance of JaMur can be purchased at your local hardware store or plant nursery
Certified Purity & Uniformity
- JaMur is licensed exclusively through The Turfgrass Group, Inc.
- JaMur is available only through a limited number of licensed certified producers in each state
- JaMur is grown & sold under a rigorous set of rules & guidelines designed to promote on-going quality, purity, and uniformity
- Certification is the only method of assuring the consumer is receiving the variety they purchased
- JaMur can only be produced and sold as a Certified turfgrass, unlike many other varieties
- Certification agencies in each state inspect all JaMur production fields regularly, protecting the interests of the consumer by providing a third party system of quality control